Thursday, August 27, 2009

Sonnet Dare: In Which I Channel A Jedi Master For A Friend's Benefit

When Lethe claimed all that he could do was try,
I promised that quote Yoda I would not.
There things might end, but not so; let it fly
He did with dares. Since like him I a lot,
Down it could not turn I. Write it I will,
A Yoda sonnet, for him it just is.
For fun it is, and as a test of skill
Not beaten could it be. The pleasure's his,
I'm sure, while gloating he must sit
In certainty that fail I will at last.
Too easy it is, though, he will admit
Like Yoda writing is - also a blast!
Fear I do that for all of today
Talk will I now in this peculiar way.

3 comments:

  1. Making me blush again, you are, Lethe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant. And I still don't understand why Yoda couldn't learn grammar in the 900 years that he lived.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers