Friday, September 18, 2009

Friday Flash: Pepito Ponders His Status

Sonneteer's note: this is the fifth installment of my sonnet-by-sonnet summary of a larger work, The Interstellar Feller, to be released sometime next year. To see the story so far, check out Part the Oneth here, Part the Twoth here ,Part the Threeth here and part the Fourth here.

Their strange task now completed, the crack crew
Of that good ship, the Grokulator, step
Back for a moment to admire the view
Before Yectara calls to them, says "Yep,
That's what was needed. Now we must away."
They gather up their tools. Pepito stands
As stolid as a cow, which, one might say,
Is only natural. Such strange demands
As these are new to one who, before now
Took nothing but drink orders. Now he's made
A crop circle in his own likeness. How
He got here is beyond him. He's been played.
But there's Yectara, standing by the door.
She blows a kiss, and he don't care no more.

10 comments:

  1. I like it! I love the movement and flow of your words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think it heightens the utter silliness of the storyline. It's going to get even stupider before it's done. Stupider. More stupid. Whatever; it's 3:40 a.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this. It's madness, but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, it's not stupid...it's mad fun!

    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Silliness and stupidity are not synonymous! Come to think of it, they're almost antonymous!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for interstellar shenanigans!
    More stupider = more gooder
    You rock

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are mad. Crazy. And I thank the Universe for it. :)

    I think this is fab, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A crop circle in his own likeness! ha, love that line. How fun you've made a sonnet!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, the saga continues. These always bring me a smile.
    ~jon

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mwahahahaha. Sounds like just the story for me!!
    I cannot wait. Made me think of Tom Robbins.
    xoxoxox
    ~*~Rainfairy Felicia~*~

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers