Friday, August 28, 2009

BONUS SONNET: Friday Flash: Preparations For Their First Adventure

Sonneteer's note: this is the third installment of my sonnet-by-sonnet summary of a larger work, The Interstellar Feller, to be released sometime next year. To see the story so far, check out Part the Oneth here and Part the Twoth here.

Yectara as a tutor's mighty fine,
She made his zero-gee lessons a treat
As only she could do. Somehow, supine
Again, though, was not how she seeks to meet
Her first day with Pepito on her ship.
Dressed up at last and gazing at the stars,
Yectara says "Let's take a little trip!
How would you like to see the Face on Mars?
Or I know - there's this thing I love to do
Whenever we're near Earth. Just grab that wood
And ropes and call the boys to come with you.
And meet me at the shuttle." This sounds good!
And so Pepito hastily complies
And gathers up the needed, strange supplies.

8 comments:

  1. Fun little sonnets. :) Thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm curious to see what she has in mind. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another slice of awesomeness. As if there were any doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, guys! I'm glad I took a week off to really think about what's coming next.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stellar work, as usual. :)

    Writing flash is difficult enough, but to put it into sonnet form? You, my dear, are a frikken genius.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just can't get over how cool these are.

    ~2

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers