Sunday, August 30, 2009

BONUS SONNET: Wet And Grey, A Perfect Day

A grey sky makes me love the landscape more;
The greens and browns of it stand out so well
Against the steely dome above. Before,
A clear sky held me firm under its spell,
My eyes turned up and lost in all that blue,
The lazy drift of clouds holding my gaze.
With that distraction gone, I turn down to
The Earth around me, taking in the plays
Of heightened color. Then, too, there's the scent
Of misty rain, and of the moistened soil
And vegetation. This is what I'm meant
To know today, which nothing now can spoil.
A drizzly morning's bike commute lays down
A tone for my day: bliss in which to drown.

4 comments:

  1. Nice one Kate. FYI if you ever have kids and desperatly need money, don't sell your bike. Trust me, I know what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will take that advice to heart! I would have to be very desperate to do so, like down to the last crust of bread to divide among them. Deep Blue truly is my therapist!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for your comment on my blog..yes Iwill keep doing more of "mike" hehe :d seeya around

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for your comments on my blog..and yes I will keep doing more of "mike" hehe seeya around

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers