Thursday, July 29, 2010

In Which We Lose Another - R.I.P. Chris Al-Aswad, aka Lethe Bashar


I first found Chris -- or should say, he found me
On Twitter, of course. That is where great minds
Who think alike unite, these days. Valery,
That symbolist and poet -- such rare finds
Are people who know of him or will ask
When reference is made -- and so began
A strange collaboration. Each new task
We gave each other showed more of the man
Behind the pseudonym. Feverish, bright
And willing the world to be a bit more
Like that he found in books and paintings. Slight
Here is my praise; the shock's too new. If you're
Of any mind to see what he could do
Check out his novel. Chris, I shall miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers