Friday, July 23, 2010

In Which I Hope This Helps @Melzer and @Jennybeanses

Two friends of mine are really in a fix.
American, Canadian, in love
And hoping soon to marry, but the licks
We all have taken now have taken of
Their hopeful plans a dreadful and harsh bite:
They're writers, both, and working really hard,
But hard work's not enough for such a plight
As theirs is; their employer's slight regard
Was not enough to keep them on, and so
E'en as they try to save that he may come
And legally live with her (which we know
Costs lots of money) -- this is dumb
They're back to where they started. If you can,
Chip in and help our Jenny get her man.

(Sonneteer's note: I'm a huge fan of this pair -- Jennifer "Jennybeanses" Hudock and James Melzer. They're both podcast novelists who have given away their major works for free via Podiobooks.com. James' first book, ESCAPE: A Zombie Chronicles novel, comes out in print next March from Permuted Press/Pocket Books but that's a long way off. My point is, they're busting tail to entertain and make a living and be together, and if anyone deserves a little support, it's these two. Thanks!)

5 comments:

  1. That brought tears to my eyes, Kate. Thank you so much. You're unbelievably awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, didn't want to make you cry, just want to do what I can to make it better. ((James))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, Kate! Knowing those two, this meant the world to them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kate, you really touched my heart with this. Thank you so much. You are a good friend and we love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jenny! You and Melzer have entertained me vastly over our acquaintance and both been great friends. I'll do whatever I can, whenever I can, to help you guys along! Stay hopeful, both of you. You'll make this work yet.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers