Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
Controls are fried! The ship is dead in space!
And if we may remind you, no one knows
Just where or when it is in the first place.
That Field Maneuver -- randomly it goes
Through all dimensions. That's how it escapes
The Grokulator's foes. Now it's adrift
Around that unnamed planet. Only shapes
And muted colors can be seen. But swift!
Pepito launches deep into the gloom
Aboard the good ship's bridge, unerring, sure,
As if he knew just how to stave off doom
And silence all the klaxons. Seems his cure
Did more than just revive him! Now he grabs
A console wire, poised o'er his flesh, and jabs!
Friday, July 30, 2010
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer