Friday, July 2, 2010

In Which Operation Healthy Backfires A Bit

No alcohol and almost no caffeine,
Lean protein and as little processed crap
As I can keep from eating; that's my scene
This summer. But I fell into a trap:
For also I get lots of exercise
From bike commuting, mowing my own lawn
With my reel mower, and, to my surprise,
I'm up to a round hundred push-ups; dawn
Will also see me doing crunches -- those
I'm almost to two-hundred of. I'm proud
To share this, but there is a price. This blows.
I drink a lot of water, as I'd vowed,
But too much protein and a lack of salt
Means that my dizzy spells were all my fault.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Be careful, Kate, and good luck with Operation Healthy. (BTW, I find when I try to cut down on caffeine, replacing coffee with chai tea gives me just as much flavor with fewer unhealthy side-effects.)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers