Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
The Grokulator's peace is under threat,
And in these cases our Yectara turns
To her old hero, TriBruno, who'll let
No harm come to her, ever. But this earns
Him little by way of his crew's respect.
A lapdog's still a lapdog if well-armed
(Though on this crew that's not a good subject
For criticism, is it? They're all charmed
By cyborg gadgetry she well deploys).
His loyalty is crumbling, though, we find.
While she in sickbay keens for her lost joys
He stands up in the messhall, speaks his mind:
"If we don't take control, we'll never see
Our homes again." The cacogens agree.
-- Post From My iPhone
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer