When springtime comes, a young male bird can think
Of just one thing, and when he finds her, lo:
There is no challenge from which he will shrink!
As Frank Roche this day proved. He filmed a show
Of fierceness through his windows, which reflect
A cardinal back to himself and pose
A threat to his new courtship. Ere it's wrecked
The bird attacks, delivers many blows
To the offending panes, oblivious
To how it feels, that thud against the glass.
His lady's watching, after all, and thus
He must prevail, lest she give him a pass
And give of her affections to his twin.
A grave predicament, yes, to be in!
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer