Saturday, March 20, 2010

In Which Remarkable Coincidences Are Remarkable, And My World Proves Smaller Even Than I Thought

My buddy Dan, with whom I used to read
And dote on Dr. Seuss in the Ravine
Back in my college days, with whom I freed
Myself a little bit from all the mean
Constraints of young adulthood, has become
Professor Sonenberg. Though we have grown
Both up and yes, apart, no longer young,
Now share a strange new link that's all our own:
Josh Newton, soon Dan's student, sought me out
On Twitter, likes my sonnets, and he knows
More people in my life, I cannot doubt,
Than even we are sure of yet. This shows
The world as smaller, stranger than I thought,
And still bears more surprises, like as not!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers