Monday, March 8, 2010

In Which I Fall Again And Again

Ere dawn and crossing a dark parking lot,
On Sunday morn, most gingerly I stepped,
On packed down snow and ice I saw -- I've got
A good idea of where that is; have kept
From slipping all this winter, save last week
On Friday when I landed on my bum
In that snowbank before my car. A squeak
Of shoe on ice and I was down, but, numb
I rued it and moved on. But then came this
New incident: a damp sidewalk before
The entrance fooled me and ere I could hiss
Or scream, right down I went, right by the door.
My shoulder took the weight, then took a twist
As, trying to get up, up's what I missed.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks I hope you recover OK. Walk slower! There's no rush.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers