Wednesday, March 10, 2010

In Which I Am Wonderwhelmed By Underland

A Lewis Carroll fan I've been for long,
Tim Burton, too, is someone I admire.
How could a combination go so wrong
Of these two? But that has seemed to transpire.
The look of this film lived up to the hype,
Though after Avatar, this 3-D seemed
Quite flat and lifeless, gimmicky, the type
Of gags I saw so long ago. There gleamed
Some diamonds in the dross, though: Johnny Depp
And Bonham-Carter managed to transcend
The dialog and story. I just kept
On thinking these resources would contend
Far better with the stories Carroll wrote
Than making this dull sequel. That's my vote.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome. Awesome. Awesome. You just happen to THINK in sonnets, don't you?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, are you going to see Clash of the Titans? I am surprisingly very excited to see - will most likely even shell out the dough to go to the theater to re-live that movie that scared me so much when we were little!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, Krissy, yes indeed I plan to see Clash of the Titans. Liam Frakking Neeson as Zeus? Oh HELL yes.

    But no Bubo the Owl, judging from the trailers, which makes me a Sad Panda. Even you liked Bubo ;)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers