Friday, March 12, 2010

In Which Daylight Savings Time Robs Me Of Daylight

It's recent that the sun's been up with me,
When it's time to head off to my day gig.
A predawn snowy morn's a sight to see,
All shades of deepest blue, but what is big
Is that I see at all. For months I've gone
In darkness to my workplace, and I find
It most depressing. Now that there is dawn
Just as I leave has helped my state of mind --
But Sunday comes the time when we all spring
On forward. Daylight Savings Time will start
And rob me of that tiny, precious thing,
A sunrise, for a month or more. That part
Of my day, just improving, now will sink
Back into gloom and darkness, I should think.

3 comments:

  1. It's been too long since I mentioned how much I enjoy your Shtuff. I enjoy your Shtuff. I probably don't tell you often enough because I always figure I should do it in rhyme, which comes readily to me, but I never get around to it. Anyway, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, Murr! Thank you. Rhyme's just this thing, you know? I like to hear from people no matter how they put it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well put. Don't forget the grind of resetting clocks, VCRs., etc. It's too early for Daylight Saving. YODPM

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers