Sunday, October 4, 2009

Lines Written On The Near Achievement Of A Goal

I wanted to be done so long ago,
But something 'bout this work just held me back.
It's what I've always wanted, this, although
I think perhaps my disbelief, that crack
That ruins oh so many tow'rs of dreams,
Kept me from making progress. No, this can't
Be really taking place - it only seems
That way, deluded girl. But now the chant
Of friends and loved ones as I now draw near
The finish line "Go, Kate" e'en as I trip
Drowns out that tiny voice that speaks my fear.
And even when, this once again, I slip
Friends new and old reach out; uncounted hands
Catch me before I fall. And so, this stands.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my now this I be fond of, for it a story tells!
    With twists and turns and lessons learned about life with strife
    and winning then it most counts!
    Winston

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers