Saturday, October 31, 2009

In Which I Thank My Medicine Men

It takes strange tools to patch a torn-up heart,
Takes songs and tales and poetry and play.
Comes time for me to thank those who, in part
Have made or done the things which, I may say,
Have proven the best medicine for me.
Phil Rossi wrote a song that e'en before
The hardest blow came down did help me see
A light at tunnel's end. And there is more:
For Jeremy Shipp's novel did a lot,
As did a poem by Gregory Wright
He wrote just for me, to tell me I'm not
Alone, not even in the darkest night.
Thanks too, to my White Rabbit and John Ladd:
Chess therapy is good, too, when I'm sad.

2 comments:

  1. I'm honored :) Thanks for the thanks, but really, no thanks necessary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but they are, Phil. Truly they are.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers