Wednesday, January 20, 2010

In Which A Victory Cigar Is About To Get Clipped

I still can't tell you what I've toiled to make
These last ten months, but I've hit a milestone
Just now. And though it's far from done I'll take
A moment soon, reactivate my phone,
And clip the end off something that I've saved
For just this special moment. This Avo
I bought last fall smells lovely! Long I've craved
To light it, taste it, draw it in, then blow
Its smoke back out, to crow and celebrate
Completion of what I once thought would ne'er
Be done. As I said, just one stage won't rate
A party or a prize, but still is there
Occasion to reflect and feel some pride?
Most certainly. And this I shall not hide.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers