Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's.....
A swiftly flowing stream meets Pepi's gaze,
Its course through red sands straight and finely cut --
So much so that, we say, though it amaze
Us fully, it just can't be natural. What
We see is a canal! The cacogens
Move quickly to connect to it a pump
And hoses and a tank. Pepito's friends
Replenish thus the ship's reserves. Then thump!
Some dense projectile's impact sounds upon
The tank's side! Pepi hears a battle cry
And sees a squad of angry red men on
The far side of the water. Do or die,
Their fierce expressions seem to say. "Um, hey..."
Is all Pepito seems able to say.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer