Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
Meanwhile, Pepito has been carried off
To points unknown by angry, martial men.
He signals his discomfort with a cough,
But finds himself ignored till at last when
His captors dump him at their lady's feet
(You knew there'd be another), who inquires
As to just who he is. Alas, she speaks
No language Pepi knows. But this inspires
Ideas once his bonds are cut. He seeks
A plant he saw outside the village: mint!
The liquid he sees passed around? It's rum!
With gestures he conveys his earnest hint.
A sort of muddler's brought to him by dumb
But interested handmaidens. Sugar's there,
And soon he's mixing drinks without a care!
Friday, January 22, 2010
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer