Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's.....
Despite the threat of imminent attack,
Yectara's crew goes on about their jobs.
Pepito gestures mutely, his jaw slack,
His breath emerging audibly in sobs.
The red men ford the stream, their eyes ablaze
(And more so than the norm, for they have three!),
And ere our man can stir from out his daze
He finds himself a prisoner, on one knee,
Soon bound up hand and foot. He gives a cry
To his crewmates, who look up from their toil
And nod, and one of them waves his good-bye;
They clearly don't intend to let this spoil
Their outing. And with that, Yectara's toy
Is hustled off for 'nother to enjoy.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer