Saturday, January 23, 2010

In Which I Get A Surprise Visit From The Migraine Fairy

A burst of feedback's surely nothing new.
Hell, I'm a fan of Lou Reed's horrible
Jam, Metal Machine Music, but when too
Much comes at once, unasked for and at full
And too-direct volume, there can be pain.
Such happened yesterday; hold music is
A blot upon this land e'en without gain
Stepped up. Such screeching feedback, lo, as this,
A one-way ticket to migraine land proved.
O'er 30 hours of pain and aura, and
That screeching sound near ev'ry time I moved,
That was my day and night. Quite out of hand.
Thanks, unknown jackass who put me on hold
I hope this is your fate, too, ere you're old.

3 comments:

  1. Been there, done that. I'd call the company and threaten to sue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. Migraines suck.

    A company who exacerbates them with needlessly loud and/or tinty elevator music is just wrong. Close to being on par with eating kittens. I hope you file(d) a complaint with customer service.

    Assuming the migraine has gone into the depths of the abyss. They lurk there awaiting their next opportunity to inflict misery upon an undeserving soul.

    Which is worse: a migraine, the Nasghul, or a Dementor? Why, a migraine of course. The other two are fictional.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awful for you. That company should know what they've done. One of the most irritating things about contemporary living for me is the notion that silence is intolerable.

    On another note: I think you're the only person I know who says they're a fan of Metal Machine Music! Even die-hard Lou Reed fans like me avoid it.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers