Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sonnet Recipe: Roasted Garlic Hummus


Roast up some garlic (to do that, just wrap
Some tinfoil round a bulb off which you've cut
The top; drizzle some olive oil and tap
The powers of your oven - easy, but
It takes an hour at 300F). While
That's going, grab your food processor and,
Dump in a can of chickpeas with a smile,
Add 1/2 T of lemon juice (how grand!)
And 1/2 t oregano. Now take
That yummy roasted garlic; dump it in
And grind and mix it well until you make
A lovely paste (you might need more oil, then,
But be judicious). There: voila! Chow down
With pita, veggies, crackers -- go to town!

NOTE FOR COOKING NEWBIES: Conventional abbreviations used here (i.e. T = tablespoon, t = teaspoon) (they fit the meter better)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry, not the right place to put this, but doesn't this work?

    http://www.amazon.com/Red-Plenty-ebook/dp/B0044DEFSC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287006451&sr=8-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and wonderful! And the sonnet's good, too!

    Seriously, though, I'm glad you tweeted a link to your blog. I've been sonnetizing of late myself as an intellectual exercise -- because there isn't enough of that in the day-to-day drudgery. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who enjoys a good iambic pentameter.

    I hadn't considered writing a sonnet that was actually pragmatically useful, though. I'll certainly ponder that in poems to come.

    Thanks, and keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, 4ndyman!

    Useful sonnets are fun! I don't go in overly for lyric. I'm too post-modern, or something. It's more fun to push boundaries 8)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers