Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sonnet Review: Gigantomania

I like ambitious games, and this one brought
More than a little literary flair.
Gigantomania soon had me caught
Within the gears of Stalinism. There,
I played first as a farmer, then a brute
Stuck making steel, a Politboro type,
And Stalin at the last -- as his acute
And incoherent madness came to light
Amidst a chess game, I soon grew annoyed
(Not just because I couldn't interact
In meaningful ways). Till then, I'd enjoyed
The bleakness and dilemmas, and, in fact
I praise it for these, though I'm sure my friends
Went into it for somewhat diff'rent ends.

2 comments:

  1. acute and incoherent madness of west . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not enough agency for me.
    This is a priority, y'see:
    Interactive fiction
    Should allow that switchin'
    That makes a plot a tree.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers