Saturday, November 21, 2009

In Which I Almost Give Up

A place I have found sweet threatens to turn --
I won't say sour, but there's a bitter edge
To my experience these days. Tears burn.
Remembering one to whom I made a pledge
Of endless love and friendship won't be there
Is hard, but harder still, I start to find,
Is when another denizen won't spare
A thought to why things change, becomes unkind,
And makes me feel unwelcome in my space.
I'm digging in my heels but there are times
When I just want to give up, turn my face
Away. But I would lose much more. To rhymes
I turn to put my discomfort in words.
I'm really just a chicken and it hurts.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you're going through a rough time, Kate. I wish you the best, as always! Just think of Churchill: 'Never, never, never give up.' You can get through anything.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers