The first reviews for Watchmen have come in.
And what they tell me really isn't good.
I do recall a feeling of chagrin
When I first learned they'd made it. Understood,
I kept an open mind; I'd wait and see
The early shots looked good enough, and I
Will cut some slack for eye candy. A key,
Though, would be how much they'd apply
Themselves to adaptation of a script
That kept the tension and the paranoid
Feel of the book. It will, they said. Now nipped
Right in the bud are my hopes they'd avoid
The risk of making a great bloated mess.
But will I still go see it? Sigh, I guess.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer