My mother looks as though she fought ten rounds -
The pavement bopped her worse than could Ali.
She's healing but a bruise nearly surrounds
Her mouth, all due to my wicked Collie,
Who took her down like those sneaky X-Wings
Did the Imperial Walker there on Hoth.
She shrugs and keeps on helping pack my things,
For nothing but some love and jam and broth.
A continent away, un hombre por
Quien mi terneza acrecenta
Is down and ill with flu; I can no more
Cure him than I can wipe out all of the
Wounds on my mother's face. All I can say
To either is, te quiero, every day.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer