I gave up on the Oscars in disgust
Before I was a freshman in high school,
When Amadeus swept them; so unjust
To snub Brazil because Mozart was cool
That year. And then things went on to get worse:
The Mission next lost out to that Platoon,
And on the Oscars I called down my curse.
That's just best picture. History is strewn
With many other blunders and mistakes
These voters made. I could go on and on.
The Usual Suspects ignored? The flakes!
And Fargo? Or Memento? How I yawn;
I bore myself each year with these my rants.
Does Dark Knight this year even stand a chance?
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer