The internet is suff'ring from a plague
Of metaphors that, all of them, are crap.
A "bridge" or "pipeline" doesn't sound that vague
But words like these bait us into the trap
Of policies and practices, all based
On faulty rhetoric. It's bad enough
That rural folk tradition'ly have faced
A lack of access to the kind of stuff
That upscale urbanites take as their due,
And friends of mine must travel 80 miles
Round trip to see a film or buy shampoo.
It will incur some extra cost and trials,
But in the end society will find
That what is being joined is mankind's mind.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer