Monday, December 20, 2010

Bring On The Dark

The moon's eclipsing on this solstice night?
Oh noes! Just how much darkness can we take?
We surely all shall perish from sheer fright
(Those of us whom the Great Old Ones don't bake
Into big pies for Festivus). As for
My part, a huge and blood-red, sky-borne orb
Seems emblematic of my mood. I'm sore
Of heart and mind - there's too much to absorb:
These holidays are stupid, crass and dull.
I'm longing for real winter, cold and long
And thoughtful; I appreciate the lull.
My pull towards winter I find just as strong
As e'er it was. 'Til then, I nod and sigh
And watch the silly season plod on by.

3 comments:

  1. I agree! Too much to absorb is exactly the mood right now. Very nice piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should add - "Those of us whom the Great Old Ones don't bake Into big pies for Festivus" is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! That was kind of a desperate attempt to fit the rhyme scheme but once I thought of it I kind of fell in love with the image 8)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers