Sunday, December 12, 2010

In Which I Ponder The Future Of This Blog

Photo of me writing a sonnet in a movie line by Sarah Multiverse


Two years of sonnetizing; I shall reach
A thousand ere the year is done. Is that
Enough? Has this grown stale? Do I not leach
Some value with high quantities? I'm at
A point where 'tis an automatic thing
To write a sonnet. People photograph
Me doing so quite on the fly; I fling
Them forth in movie lines, just for a laugh
Or sometimes scribble them out over drinks.
In truth it's become something of a stunt,
And other pastures beckon now, methinks.
So: shall I follow where I'm led, or, blunt
And hack-like, cling to this well-mastered form?
Tell me, dear readers, d'you prefer the norm?

8 comments:

  1. I'd like more sonnets (also cups of tea);
    I hope I find the sonnets on your site.
    You fill a long-felt need, it seems to me,
    I'd like it to go on, if that's all right.
    Another cup of tea, another sonnet.
    I think the teacup may contain a storm.
    It's rare to find a blog with poems on it
    and rarer still to find them in this form,
    and rarest of them all to find them good,
    as good as yours. I hope you keep it up.
    At least, you'd make me happy if you would.
    Please, pretty please? And have another cup.
    So yes, I like your sonnet blog a lot.
    Don't stop it here. Go on and drain the pot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Read your own words — they show you're eager to move on, it seems to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous -- I'm immensely impressed and flattered!

    Paul -- I think you're right. It's become quite a habit, but we like breaking habits, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anonymous' response and second it in my own fashion* (except maybe you don't have to do it every day. But do blog in some form, please.YODPM
    *A sonnet a day
    Is much fun to see
    Newsy in its way,
    You can keep the tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bring on the book! YODPM

    ReplyDelete
  6. A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    A weekly sonnet, perhaps? :-)
    D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think this blog is incredible and admirable - a beautiful exercise, a measured contemplation, almost unheard of in these barbaric times. But maybe there is another genre calling?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Of course, it doesn't have to be all or nothing — you could always step down to every other day or twice a week… after all the original mission is well fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers