Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Mike McIlvaine: Feb. 2, 1970 - April 25, 1989

Just three years old, we met at the ballet,
Not knowing then just how close we would get.
We'd be together almost ev'ry day
For sixteen years. I never will forget
Our kissing at the movies, the front bench,
While "Jack the Giant Killer" played onscreen,
Just little kids but there was love. The wrench
Of losing you, I still feel, very keen.
Though our last talk in person was a fight,
We made up on the phone. Then you were gone.
It felt as though someone put out the light
Of my entire life, but I pushed on.
Each day since I have lived my life for two.
Today you would be 40. I miss you.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and so sad. Sorry for your loss, Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made me remember and cry. Do you want me to show it to Betty? I can ask Michelle first. --YODPM

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers