Friday, February 5, 2010

Happy Birthday To @Netta50


A writer must have resources beyond
The norm; an editor needs even more
To cope with what comes at her and respond
With grace. Annetta has these by the score:
Wit, humor, fortitude and all the will
She needs to make things happen, as she's done
For many, many years. I'm sure she'd kill
Me if I said how many, e'en in fun
(Not really; she's got too much style for that,
Though for My Little Pony she might yet
Demand revenge. She knows how to combat
Its ill effects, though). On this day I'll bet
She's drowning in good wishes, but I'll add
One more birthday hello. Call it a fad!

1 comment:

  1. This is the best sonnet ever written. EV-ER.

    Of course, you would tag it with "Aging". Heh.

    I am so touched and moved. I LOVE IT!!!

    Thank you so much, Kate :)

    P.S. Oh, there will be revenge for the MLP thing. Oh, yes. Yes, there will. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers