I may be a curmudgeon, I'll admit,
But I am not impressed by what I learn
About this new translation of, to wit,
The Oresteia. Really, did we yearn
To hear the chorus asking of the queen
If she is optimistic? Talk about
Lese majeste! Like everyone I've seen
Productions in black leather or without
One reference to the Trojan War and such.
They love to reinterpret with a spin
These great old plays, but sometimes it's too much.
I won't go so far as to call it sin.
But Agammemnon does not say "OK."
And I don't have to read it. End essay.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer