Wednesday, September 9, 2009

In Which My Own Dear Personal Dad Has A Cool Birthdate


Today's date is 09/09/09,
Which we agree is cool all on its own.
It's also quite a day for me and mine:
My father's birthday. How the years have flown
Since he would come home in his uniform
And Kris and I would rush him in the hall.
We're grown now and occasions when his warm
Embrace can hold us both are rare. I call
Him hero still; he always finds a way
To make a diff'rence for the better in
Our lives and others'. How can I convey
My love for him in fourteen lines? I've been
Attempting it for hours, so I'll just say
I love you, Dad, and oh, happy birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Oh...that almost made me cry! I love the pic by the way...I can't believe you caught him while he was not throwing Jack the Loony Lab's ball! See you in a few days!

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers