Well, shiver me timbers, 'tis time again,
When Robert Newton speaks through all of us.
We swill the grog, dance hornpipes 'round and then
Shout "Aye, me, hearties" smartly, spit and cuss
The lubbers out! Talk Like a Pirate Day
Is dear to all our hearts as heaped doubloons.
It is the one occasion when, to say
Naught but an "Arrrr" sound denotes, not buffoons,
But eloquent orators of the seas.
Prepare, me beauty, to be boarded like
A merchanter with a load of Chinese
Silks, Asian spices, tea, gold, as would strike
A privateer as booty worth the grab!
And if ye will not play? Walk the plank, you scab!
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer