The Large Hadron Collider's almost fixed!
The last large dipole magnet is installed!
You'll all recall its start-up, somewhat nixed
When pressure testing broke a strut and stalled
The smashing schedule for a bit on this,
The biggest scientific instrument
We've ever built. Now some of you will hiss
And talk again of world's end, discontent
That black-hole blather didn't shut it down
The first time. It's unlikely that will be
What happens when we start this smasher up.
More likely that a soda made of pee
Will beat out Coke and Pepsi. Try a cup!
Higgs-Boson, if extant, though will appear
And mayhap make the world seem much less queer.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer