She taught me how to use objective case,
And what a linotype machine was for.
She handled with most admirable grace
When betimes, as she vacuumed the floor
A shotgun shell blew up in the machine.
Likewise when village small fry mistook her
For Grandmother ( her grey hair, from a gene
She shared with me, came early, as it were).
She taught me young to love the ancient Greeks
And stars and sci-fi, gin and Chinese food.
No wonder I count us among the geeks.
All this while married to a cop. But, dude!
E'en so I must love this gal quite a lot.
I'm waiting to see Trek with her, distraught!
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer