The insect world has wonders quite beyond
The critters' mere capacity to to make
A person scream or swat or drain a pond
(Their pow'r is real and mighty, no mistake.
Just think of what they make you do outdoors
Or in the kitchen when they land on food).
This video shows how a wasp mom's chores
Get farmed out to a caterpillar. Crude?
Not one bit! Cunning rather is her way:
She lays the eggs inside their squirming meal,
They grow until it's time to chew this prey
Wide open and emerge; then, still at heel
The 'pillar helps them nest and incubate
And guards them like the army guards the state!
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer