I have no love for that sans-serif type,
Helvetica, nor for the foreign-made
Moleskine notebooks. I do resist the hype
Around them (oh no! I have been betrayed
By that small stack of them upon my desk,
My NaNoWriMo project for '08;
Ignore that, please). But I'll join the burlesque.
In these hard times I tend to place more weight
On where a thing is made. Take those FIELD NOTES!
They're tiny, practical, FUTURA BOLD
And made in this here country where I votes!
But Moleskines are pretentious, boasting old
And arty, famous use, a pedigree,
A lineage that's better off, sans me.
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer