Friday, October 23, 2009

R.I.P., Mac Tonnies


Standing next to a fuse-box, originally uploaded by Mac Tonnies.

Mac Tonnies, how I longed one day to meet
And talk with you directly. I've admired
Your books and blog and links. Your ev'ry tweet
Brought strange new wonders. You knew you'd inspired
A lot of my big project. I'm so glad
I told you this and shared with you my plans
Which you refined and cheered on. Now, well, "sad"
Is quite inadequate. Among your fans
Your voice, it will be missed - by ev'ry one
Who wants to take enigmas with more than
A grain of salt and not make woo-woo fun
But really try improving the slight span
Of knowledge that we have of what's beyond.
I'm devastated, Mac, that you are gone.

3 comments:

  1. i love Him and hi' s not Gone. propably born again somewhere

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said. Mac would have appreciated it!

    Paul Kimball

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul, thanks for saying that. I know he got a kick out of the other two sonnets I wrote for him. The internet already seems a little less funky but we'll all have to take up the slack.

    Ninni, good point.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers