Tuesday, October 27, 2009

In Which I Fidget A Little Over NaNoWriMo

I am a both-feet jumping kind of girl,
As I told a good friend just last week. I
Spoke then of matters other than the whirl
Of furious creation that soon to fly
Into my face: NaNoWriMo doth come!
My life, already out of shape, will warp
Still further, though not quite so much as some:
I have not made an outline, do not sport
So much as one lone character sheet yet.
That feels like cheating, like a lack of trust
In my November self. I shall not get
Into that frenzy 'till I truly must!
Though just here in this sonnet, I'll admit:
My friends who've done so seem prepared as spit!

3 comments:

  1. Haha! Exactly the way I do it every year! I'm going to use this sonnet as comfort on November 1, so I know I'm not alone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I decided today to try out this NaNoWriMo thing for the first time... the most I've ever written are research articles sooooo I have no idea what I'm doing. I think it'll be fun, though! I hope... right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicole! Welcome to the madness. You will at least have lots of support. As you see, opinions differ on how best to proceeds. Xutraa and I just go balls-out. I suspect you will as well. Woot!

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers