Tuesday, October 6, 2009

BONUS SONNET: In Which I Sonnetize Under The Influence

No sleep today, and down a pint of blood,
Six hours and a half till I can go
Back to my home -- by car! -- no flecks of mud
Upon my naked shins, no telltale glow
Across my face from happy bike commute,
I'm witless, all cognitive dissonance
And everything I hear sounds such a hoot
I giggle like a stoner. Grateful chance
Has me here in a workspace by myself
Lest others think the daughter of the vine
Hath plied me too much with our fav'rite juice.
Across the fishbowl's glass, beyond the shine
Of glare I see the Twins and Tigers duke it out
But can't make out who's winning, but don't pout.

1 comment:

  1. My first big smile today thank you!

    “If good fencing makes good neighbours,
    I think that it’s time for me to go out and buy a sword!” winston

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers