Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In Which Sleep Is Proven A Questing Beast And I No Pellinore

Requirements of the service, lo, have bid
That Tuesdays I work nights in this month. Lo:
I bow my head to this, but flip my lid
At what else this foul day has wrought, and so
Sit up when I should still be fast asleep.
My house's new roof had some flaws, and rain
Was coming through the ceiling. It would keep
On doing so till fixed. My quest became
To get this repair done ere winter's snows.
Success, at last, is mine, but why today?
Just as a pleasant dream ramped up, here shows
Up all the crew with power tools and, hey,
With noise and strangers fill my afternoon
And morning, too. Quick, hand me the harpoon.

1 comment:

  1. I, for one, am happy to hear that your roof is getting fixed! I don't want it to fall in on me while I am sleeping on an air mattress in the living room in December!!!

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers