Wednesday, March 17, 2010

In Which I Question My Fitness For Time Travel

The 1980s challenged me to find
Much likeable about them. I don't miss
The sense of dread, the synthesizers, mind
The styles still quite a lot, so when, on this
Most lovely afternoon, like yesterday's,
I came across, while shopping with my folks,
A teeming nest of legwarmers, a craze
I thought we'd safely buried, but the joke's
On me. Then to a vast furniture store
Our travels took us, and there lay in wait
Such gross ersatzerie, it seemed no more
Than months had passed since 1988,
Such fabrics, colors, shapes as once did haunt
The Cosby show. A most unpleasant jaunt.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers