Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
The sweetest smile upon the sweetest face
Yectara's ever seen brings her no joy
At present, for it's frozen right in place.
No calls or shakes or kisses stir her boy.
As crewmen verify the grand, macabre
And baffling scene, Pepito stays entranced,
An inward journey taken. Comes a sob
From poor Yectara. Could it be he's chanced
Upon a one-way voyage? Is there hope?
The doctor shakes his head; there's not much he
Can do right here; it's quite beyond the scope
Of field-based medicine, that he can see.
Meanwhile, sub-rosa, his assistants take
Some samples from the cups for research's sake.
Friday, March 19, 2010
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer