Tuesday, March 9, 2010

In Which A Delivery Brings Up Stuff

The last book of a friend is a strange thing,
E'en if, I do suspect, though do not know,
It's not about a subject like this. Bring
It on, I have long thought, I'm ready. No,
It turns out that I'm not. It came today,
Mac Tonnies' latest book. And I did share
His thoughts while it was written, in a way
(O Internet, such strange things happen there!).
Now here it is, his last work, in so slim
A volume, dense with meaning e'en before
It's subject's taken up. My eyes go dim
And blurry at the sight. I've tears and more.
There's only one first time to read it; I
Fear, though, that it will always make me cry.

1 comment:

  1. Kate that is absolutely beautiful. I think Mac would have been really touched.

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers