Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
No more on foot; Yectara promptly calls
The shuttle down. Soon she and Dr. Vuhl
And Pepi are in flight. And now it falls
To other crewmen to assay the cruel
Fate of Pepito's captors, standing dead.
Some residue is left in cups; it proves
To be mojito analogs. With dread
The xenochemist, Quodlaro, removes
To where he has seen growing an odd plant
That smells like mint but is, he's fairly sure,
Most deadly toxic, pest-bane, one that can't
Be made safe for consumption. With a pure
And earnest look of horror he concludes
Pepito killed his hosts with drink and food!
Friday, March 26, 2010
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer