Sunday, February 1, 2009

In Which I Expose the Darker Side of National Novel Writing Month

Just 50,000 words in 30 days,
A challenge I've accepted several times -
That's how I spend November, in a daze
Of scribbling. But at least no thought to rhymes
Must trouble me. The word count, that's the thing.
A friend once said to just go write crap fast.
That's what I did; my thoughts and pens took wing
(I pluralize because this year, at last
I stole a trick from Neilhimself's own sack:
As different hues of ink let him compare
Today's hard work to yesterday's dead slack),
Neglecting all, I wrote without a care...
So now I've got a massy glob of prose.
'Twill take a lot of polish 'til it glows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers