Sonneteer's note: this is the latest installment of an on-going sonnet serial, Pepito Mojito: The Interstellar Feller. New readers can get up to speed by clicking on the "Interstellar Feller" tag below to bring up all installments. Start at the bottom and read your way up to today's...
Now comes a message for Yectara from
Her unknown master, he of mighty reach
Through space and time. He keeps her 'neath his thumb
By unknown means. "Yectara, there's a breach,"
The ship itself declares in rumbling tones
(No laser beams this time; there's just raw force
Behind these words). Yectara's metal bones
Grow red hot. Screaming, she just says "Of course!"
"He must not know what he has done; too soon,"
The mighty voice says then. "You will comply."
It's not a question; this is not a boon
That she will grant Pepito. "You shall fly
Straight back to our headquarters now and bring
Our quarry to us. Oh, and one more thing --"
Raindrops on Kittens
- An Experiment in Chronology and Method Comics Making by Paul Laroquod
- Escape Into Life - A Marvelous arts & culture webzine
- Field Notes - Made in the U.S.A.
- George Hrab - musician, blogger, podcaster, skeptic
- Heroes Only - My friendly local comics/games store
- Isoban's Journal - Illustrations, AudioBoos, Videos, More Geektastic Goodness Than You Can Handle
- National Public Radio - my source for almost everything
- Podiobooks - Awesome free audiobooks of all genres
- Posthuman Blues - A Feast of Forteanity & Futurism by Mac Tonnies
- The Goblin Market - A Podcast Novel by Jennifer Hudock
- The Invasion & The Zombie Chronicles - Innovative zombie fiction by James Melzer