Thursday, December 31, 2009

Meta-Sonnet: In Which I Have Amazed Myself

December thirty-first, Two Thousand Eight
A crazy resolution came to me
A daily sonnet -- wouldn't that be great?
But could I do it? I would have to see.
The first one concerned chicken soup I'd made,
And was my very first of any sort.
A year has passed; it's now a stock in trade
Of mine, composing sonnets, fast and short,
And far more than just one a day has come
Forth from these typing fingers, thanks to dares
And birthdays, and late-breaking news of dumb
And wondrous things, and as of summer, there's
The Interstellar Feller, too. What fun!
As New Year's Resolutions go, I've won!

4 comments:

  1. Correction to your last line: "We've all won!" ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did it! Nice job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! Maren & Kris - you helped inspire more than a few! Kellie - don't know you (yet) but thank you very much for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete

Again, sorry about the Captcha, but the spam comments are getting out of hand.

Followers